Lemon Balm Oil
|Botanical Name||:||Melissa officinalis|
|Common Name||:||Melissa Oil, Melissa essential oil|
|CAS #||:||8014-71-9, F.E.M.A. : 2113|
|Plant Parts Used||:||Flowers & Leaves|
|Extraction Method||:||Steam Distillation|
|Color & Odor||:||Yellow color with Fresh, lemony, herbaceous scent|
Melissa Oil comes from plants just before first flowers appear as aroma is less interesting when plant is in full bloom. The oil is steam distilled from melissa leaves & tops.Constituents & Specifications :
Geranial, neral, 6-methyl-5-hepten-2-one, beta-caryophyllene, citronellal, geranyl acetate, aesculetineProperties :
Emenagogue, Stomachic, anti spasmodic, Carminitive, Febrifuge, Anti-bacterial, Cordial, Nervous system tonicBenefits & Uses :
- It is useful in anxiety, depression, hypertension, insomnia, migraine, menstrual cramping, indigestion, nausea, asthma, bronchitis, coughing, insect repellent, eczema
- It is a very known mood lifter and has been used as an anti depressant since ages. It calms the nervous system and remove tensions or depression.
- It is considered quite warm oil which gives a feeling of warmth., function of respiratory system and cardio-vascular system.
- Lemon balm oil is considered to be a tonic for nervous system which keeps it in best of the shape and induces proper functioning.
- Any bacterial infections in our could be effectively treated be using lemon balm oil