Ginger Grass Oil
|Botanical Name||:||Cymbopogon martinii (sofia)|
|Common Name||:||Ginger grass essential oil|
|Plant Parts Used||:||Leaves|
|Extraction Method||:||Steam Distillation method|
|Color & Odor||:||Yellow to light brown liquid with a sharp, green scent with pepper and lemon undertones odor|
It is a perennial growing herbaceous plant having long slender stems with terminal flowering tops. The grass is the source of oil and is very fragrant. Constituents & Specifications :
farnesol, geranyl acetate, methylheptenone, citronellol, citral, dipentene and limonene.Specific Gravity :
0.9100 - 1. 0100 @ 20 °CRefractive Index :
1.4880 - 1.4940 @ 20 °C Properties :
Gingergrass oil is analgesic, anti-emetic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, expectorant, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific and tonic.Benefits & Uses :
- Provide relief from anxiety, tension, and headaches; while energizing property fights fatigue and provides revitalization. It strengthen mood when feeling low or stressed out.
- Gingergrass essential oil improves blood circulation and provides calmness.
- Gingergrass oil very effectively treats cold, cough, sinusitis, and throat allergies.
- In addition to this, ginger grass oil is the perfect treatment of sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint pains etc.
- Used in the treatment of sore muscles, inflammation, muscle or joint pains etc.