|Botanical Name||:||Elettaria cardamomum|
|Common Name||:||Cardamom seed oil, Elettaria cardamomum seed oil|
|CAS #||:||8000-66-6, F.E.M.A. : 2241|
|Plant Parts Used||:||Seeds|
|Extraction Method||:||Steam Distillation|
|Color & Odor||:||Colorless to pale yellow clear liquid with warm ,spicy, balsam & woody odor|
Cardamom is one of the most significant, valuable spices in the world. It consists of the small, highly aromatic pods or seed capsules of a perennial plant of the ginger family (Zingiberaceae).Constituents & Specifications :
Cardamom oil has various chemical compounds that include pinene, pinene, sabinene, myrcene, phellandrene, limonene, cineole,terpinene, cymene, terpinolene, linalool, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-oil, terpineol, terpineol acetate, citronellol, nerol, geraniol, methyl eugenol and trans-nerolidolSpecific Gravity :
0.91700 - 0.94700 @ 25°CRefractive Index :
1.46200 - 1.46600 @ 20°CProperties :
Antiseptic, aphrodisiac, carminative, digestive, diuretic, stimulant, stomachic, tonic and anti-spasmodic. It also has uplifting and invigorating properties.Benefits & Uses :
- Cardamom oil is used internally for indigestion, nausea, vomiting and pulmonary disease with copious phlegm.
- Cardamom oil is used for memory enhancement
- It is used to flavor coffee, baked goods, curries and pickles, milk desserts and mulled wine.
- It is also used for perfumery, beverages, cosmetics and a blend of potpourris.
- Cardamom is used in perfumery blend for manufacturing of men's perfume. It is especially used in the preparation of Curve Colognes, Eau De Toilette spray for men.